NEW YORK -- Amid media reports that the Yankees are considering releasing Alex Rodriguez and eating the approximately $28 million remaining on his contract, sources told ESPN that Rodriguez and team owner Hal Steinbrenner met and spoke Friday before the teams 3-2 win over the San Francisco Giants.According to a source, the meeting took place at Yankee Stadium and was initiated by Steinbrenner. A party privy to the conversation said, It was a very positive conversation, and that the subject of the Yankees releasing Rodriguez never came up.Rodriguez batted cleanup Friday against Giants ace Madison Bumgarner, whom he had never faced, and went 0-for-4, dropping his season batting average to .206. He has nine home runs and 29 RBIs and a .619 OPS, third lowest among the 10 Yankees players with at least 200 plate appearances.Rodriguez has just two hits in 23 at-bats on the Yankees current homestand, one a 40-foot dribbler to third base last Friday against the Boston Red Sox and the other a 440-foot home run on Monday against the Baltimore Orioles. That homer was his first at Yankee Stadium since April 17. He is four shy of 700 home runs for his career.Rodriguez has been out for early batting practice before every game this week. He told ESPN that he is working on a new approach at the plate that he believes is reducing his strikeouts and his chase rate, his tendency to swing at pitches out of the strike zone, which plagued him earlier in the season.I feel like Im ready to be really productive again, he said.Rodriguez, who will turn 41 on Wednesday, is signed through the 2017 season. Cheap Air Max 90 2019 .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Fake Off White Air Max 90 . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outlet-air-max-90-white-cheap-411.html . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Air Max 90 2019 Outlet . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Cheap Off White Air Max 90 .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. MADRID -- Neymar could be back in court, this time on corruption charges.A Spanish judge on Monday accepted charges against Neymar for irregularities regarding his transfer to Barcelona, opening the way for a trial involving the Brazilian forward and his parents.Barcelona club president Josep Maria Bartomeu and former president Sandro Rosell are also set to stand trial after a complaint brought by Brazilian investment group DIS, which was entitled to 40 percent of Neymars transfer from Brazilian club Santos in 2013 but said it received a smaller compensation because part of the transfer fee was concealed.Fraud charges were accepted against Barcelona, Santos and a former president of the Brazilian club.With Mondays ruling by National Court judge Jose de la Mata, prosecutors will have 10 days to formalize their request for a trial.The ruling was expected after prosecutors won an appeal to keep the case alive two months ago. De la Mata had shelved the complaint by DIS earlier this year, but a group of judges ruled that there was enough evidence to reopen the case.Neymar and his father, who acts as the players agent, appeared in a Madrid court in February to defend themselves.dddddddddddd All other parties being accused by prosecutors also have denied wrongdoing.In June, Barcelona paid a fine of 5.5 million euros ($6.1 million) to settle a separate case brought by Spains tax authorities. In that agreement, the club acknowledged it made an error in the fiscal planning of the players transfer.Barcelona said the price of Neymars transfer was 57.1 million euros ($63.6 million), with Santos receiving 17.1 million euros ($19 million). Prosecutors said the total amount paid by the Spanish club to Santos was 25.1 million euros ($27.9 million), meaning DIS would be entitled to an additional 3.2 million euros ($3.5 million).Prosecutors said the difference comes from payments made by Barcelona for the future acquisitions of other players, as well as partnerships for friendly matches between the clubs.According to court documents, DIS paid 5 million reals (1.4 million euros; $1.5 million) for its 40 percent of Neymars rights in 2009.---Tales Azzoni on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tazzoni ' ' '